Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I've Been Thinking...

My husband and I went to the temple Saturday morning and had a sweet time. I was thinking about ways I feel that Heavenly Father shows His love for us, and one of the greatest evidences of His love is temple work. Have you ever thought that it would be so much easier and more 'efficient' to do work for the dead in the masses and accomplish it so much faster? You could imagine an officiator saying, "You are baptized for and in behalf of..." and then name 10 individuals rather than just one. Or initiatory, or endowments; It really struck me how merciful the Lord is to let it all be done one by one. 3 Nephi 11 exemplifies this perfectly as well-- the Resurrected Savior allowed thousands of individuals to come and feel the prints of the nails in his hands and feet one by one. Wasn't seeing Him enough of a witness? Yet He loved them enough to allow them the time they needed to receive a personal witness. He really loves us as individuals, doesn't he?

Another thought I had recently has to do with handling our burdens. Often times we hear someone say, "The Lord won't give us anything we can't handle." That is a misnomer. Of course he gives us things we can't handle ON OUR OWN--he does that on purpose. For example, temptations, health challenges, broken hearts, death of a loved one, etc. We can, however, handle everything and anything with the Savior and His enabling power. That's the beauty of the Plan. On our own, we are nothing and our potential isn't very great, but with Him, the seeds of our godhood are limitless. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13

And finally, my favorite words to live by:

Repentance takes care of yesterday;
Faith takes care of tomorrow, and
the Holy Ghost takes care of today.

3 comments:

Sharee said...

Thanks for the post and the reminder of the divinity of Christ. I also like the post before about your sweet husband. It is amazing how things change and grow from courtship. I am also grateful for a helpful husband and that we continue to grow together with our little family. You are so amazing!

MadMadameMim said...

That was such a good post. I love the distinction between what we can handle and what we can handle with the Lord. You are so right. Thank you.

Howling Pickup said...

Those are great insights Annalee. Thanks for sharing. Love you!