Monday, September 8, 2008

Gross!

Tonight we invited a family over for Family Home Evening around our firepit. We had a lesson, scripture, sang a song and prayed. For dessert, we made smores. The evening was truly delightful until I glanced at our back door and saw that it had been left open, WIDE open for an hour. When we went in for the night, we discovered MASSES of flies and fly villages all over our kitchen and living room and a meandering group had canvassed the upstairs. So Joseph swatted for well over 30 minutes straight, while I swept up the fly remnants behind him. I had to get out the vacuum and vacuum the carpeted areas as he swatted in the carpeted areas downstairs and upstairs. We counted 50 flies in the first dust pan group and then quit counting after that. It was nasty and it made me itch all over. Sick!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh, I can tell you worse... when I was pregnant with Aubrey, we lived on a DAIRY FARM. My little brother came to visit, and we left to go to town. He left our front door wide open the entire day! Did I mention that we lived on a dairy farm?

Annalee Kelly said...

Did you give your brother a fly swatter for Christmas that year? Sick!

Kelly said...

That is terrible. I freak out over one fly so I can't even imagine having to deal with so many!

crack'n up ourselves said...

Well, that will be a memory your not going to forget!