Sunday, April 25, 2010

Random Thoughts from Last Week

* Yesterday we splurged and purchased a camcorder. I am ashamed to say we haven't recorded anything in years. The Practical Annalee said, "Don't do it. It's not a need; it's a want." But the Sentimental Annalee said, "What if I get old and can't remember the sound of my childrens laughter?"

* I love the word didgeridoo. It's an Australian musical wind instrument. Say it a few times. You won't be able to stop. I dare you. DIDGERIDOO! DIDGERIDOO! (Insert advice here ~ don't repeat it over and over while your significant other is trying to get frisky with you, however. He probably won't appreciate it's vocabulary significance after that.)

* Josh was very ill last week with strep. How grateful I am for antibiotics. The doctors treat Strep so aggressively because that particular bacteria releases fatal toxins into the vital organs and can cause death if untreated. Elder James E. Talmage died of strep throat just a few months before penicillin was invented.

* I love my husband's hands. They are handsome hands and they serve and bless our family as well as others. A neighbor who is less active called him to help him administer a blessing to his wife a few nights ago. This neighbor was nervous about giving a blessing because it had been years since he had given one. These same hands do the dinner dishes every night, and make bunk beds for the kids, and tenderly wipe away tears of crying toddlers...God, how I love that man!

* The Mister and I were watching the last Nuggets/Jazz game the other night and we loved seeing President Uchtdorf intently watching the game from his courtside seat! It was my favorite part of the game... (that, and eating chocolate covered cinnamon bears, of course.)

* I love American Idol. I just wish America would vote off Fabio. He may be eye candy, but he's got the least amount of talent on the show, if you ask my humble opinion.

* Our 8-year old (a.k.a. Punky Brewster) is getting baptized this Saturday. We are thrilled. Tomorrow night for a special Family Home Evening, we are going to use our newly purchased camcorder and record each of the kids sharing their testimony, and singing primary songs. Then we'll watch them on the t.v. afterwards while eating Orange Smoothies.

2 comments:

MadMadameMim said...

love the Diggeridoo, in the words of Billy - Oh, gracious! Just in case you ever wondered where my kids got that word :)

Howling Pickup said...

I love your random thoughts. We are excited to see you again in a few days!