1. I'm grateful for the Barber Violin Concerto. I learned the first movement in college under Dr. Kevin Call, competed with it in some concerto competitions and haven't touched it in years.
Yesterday NPR played a recording of it and it brought back such powerful emotions. Tchaikovsky tends to have that effect on me, too. I lament that I am unable to play it w/ the IF Symphony in a few weeks. But sometimes family is more important...
2. I'm grateful for the right to vote.
3. I'm grateful all the fruit of my loins were well enough to go to school today.
4. I'm grateful my kids don't ask me to play Barbies on the floor with them very often. It's a fate worse than cleaning up vomit. Almost. Give me Legos, coloring, or puzzles, but don't give me half naked, role-playing Barbie and Ken dolls. With bad hair. My mind goes blank.
5. I am so thankful for this beautiful earth. The sunset tonight was brilliant! "Hey Romeo! Check out the sunset!", I said to the Mister over the phone.
Yup. He walked in the door and planted a good smooch-a-roo on me and thanked me for the heads up.
Reminder - Spring 2018
3 months ago